[rancid] Cisco Small Business and Rancid 3.2
Gerhard Mourani
2015-07-09 20:22:33 UTC
Hello List,

I’ve a problem to make Rancid 3.2 work with Cisco Small Business. I’ve started to use scripts available at this link -> http://www.itnotes.eu/?p=407

1) I’ve started to add the following lines into the /etc/rancid.types.conf file.

cisco-sb;script;csbrancid
cisco-sb;login;csblogin

2) Then added cisco-sb inside my /etc/rancid.conf file.

3) Created the /var/lib/rancid/cisco-sb directory with all required files by running the ‘rancid-cvs’ command.

4) And finally executing as rancid user the > rancid-run cisco-sb command.

Here is my error reported inside rancid log file.

exec(csbrancid) failed router manufacturer cisco-sb: No such file or directory

Someone know what to do to fix this with Rancid 3.2 ?

Gerhard,
Daniel Shields
2015-07-10 09:03:41 UTC
Hey Gerhard,
You need to change the ; to : in rancid. conf.

Gerhard,
Gerhard Mourani
2015-07-10 12:38:01 UTC
Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried what you recommended without success, it returns "unknown router manufacturer”, seem to be something else.
Nick Nauwelaerts
2015-07-10 14:07:54 UTC
i'm guessing you placed the csblogin & csbrancid in a place thats not inside the $PATH specified in rancid.conf.

what's your current PATH setting in rancid.conf?

// nick

________________________________

Volg Aquafin op Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/AquafinNV> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/aquafinnv> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_4P5BJ-MtEEDCkCsR_KqQ?feature=mhee> | LinkedIN<http://www.linkedin.com/company/aquafin/products>

Disclaimer: zie www.aquafin.be<http://www.aquafin.be> P Denk aan het milieu. Druk deze mail niet onnodig af.

Gerhard Mourani
2015-07-10 14:18:54 UTC
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:.:/usr/local/bin; export PATH
csblogin & csbrancid are located under /usr/bin

I think the problem comes from the csbrancid script which seem to be incompatible with Rancid 3.2. Here the output when you manually run the script:

/usr/bin/csbrancid 192.168.1.65
Name "main::opt_l" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 55.
Name "main::logincmd" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 396.
Name "main::opt_d" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 56.
Name "main::opt_f" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 57.
Name "main::opt_V" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 51.
Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"ACLSORT"} in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 334.
Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"FILTER_PWDS"} in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 345.
Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"FILTER_PWDS"} in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 347.
Use of uninitialized value $hist_tag in string ne at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 74.
Use of uninitialized value $command in string ne at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 74.
": no such file or directory
192.168.1.65: missed cmd(s): show version,show system,show startup-config
192.168.1.65: End of run not found

Gerhard,
Nick Nauwelaerts
2015-07-10 14:56:00 UTC
well, it's working for me with rancid 3.2. i have version 2.3.2a8 running but it also seems to work the the version from itnotes.eu.

what does it say if you run with your switch:
csbrancid -d 10.91.6.200

mine gives a decent:
executing csblogin -t 90 -c"show system;show version;show startup-config" 10.91.6.200
HIT COMMAND:cisco302-Olsene#show system
In ShowSystem: cisco302-Olsene#show system
HIT COMMAND:cisco302-Olsene#show version
In ShowVersion: cisco302-Olsene#show version
HIT COMMAND:cisco302-Olsene#show startup-config
In ShowStartupConfig: cisco302-Olsene#show startup-config
10.91.6.200: found exit

i think it's just a type somewhere or some missing env variables. any idea where the error:
": no such file or directory
comes from? thats most likely a good indicator.

and if you havent reverted it yet, dont forget to use ";" with rancid 3.2 in rancid.types.conf

// nick

Alan McKinnon
2015-07-10 16:36:37 UTC
Post by Nick Nauwelaerts
well, it's working for me with rancid 3.2. i have version 2.3.2a8 running but it also seems to work the the version from itnotes.eu.
csbrancid -d 10.91.6.200
executing csblogin -t 90 -c"show system;show version;show startup-config" 10.91.6.200
HIT COMMAND:cisco302-Olsene#show system
In ShowSystem: cisco302-Olsene#show system
HIT COMMAND:cisco302-Olsene#show version
In ShowVersion: cisco302-Olsene#show version
HIT COMMAND:cisco302-Olsene#show startup-config
In ShowStartupConfig: cisco302-Olsene#show startup-config
10.91.6.200: found exit
": no such file or directory
comes from? thats most likely a good indicator.
that comes from csblogin

run it by itself, you'll see the error printed
--
Alan McKinnon
***@gmail.com
Gerhard Mourani
2015-07-10 15:36:40 UTC
Well good to know that it works with 3.2. Here is the result of my csbrancid -d 192.168.1.65 command:

/usr/bin/csbrancid -d 192.168.1.65
Name "main::opt_l" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 55.
Name "main::logincmd" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 396.
Name "main::opt_d" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 56.
Name "main::opt_f" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 57.
Name "main::opt_V" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 51.
executing csblogin -t 90 -c"show system;show version;show startup-config" 130.1.0.65
Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"ACLSORT"} in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 334.
Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"FILTER_PWDS"} in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 345.
Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"FILTER_PWDS"} in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 347.
Use of uninitialized value $hist_tag in string ne at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 74.
Use of uninitialized value $command in string ne at /usr/bin/csbrancid line 74.
": no such file or directory
192.168.1.65: missed cmd(s): show version,show system,show startup-config
192.168.1.65: missed cmd(s): show version,show system,show startup-config
192.168.1.65: End of run not found
192.168.1.65: End of run not found (clean_run=0, found_end=0)
!

As you can see the result is the same.
any idea where the error: ": no such file or directory comes from? thats most likely a good indicator.
No, I’ve tried to look inside the script but can’t see any reference or indicator to this error.
if you havent reverted it yet, dont forget to use ";" with rancid 3.2 in rancid.types.conf
Yes, already reverted to this format :)

You referred to a website from where I could download the script but can’t find anything, maybe if you send me your version of the script I can test it and see if I’ve more chance with it?

Gerhard,