[rancid] Cisco ASA script errors
Christopher N Callison
2015-05-26 22:55:38 UTC
RANCID version 2.3.8 running on Centos6.6

Normal collection jobs are working fine and I don't see any exceptions in
the logs.

However, when I try to run a script that makes changes on the firewall, I am
seeing some errors in the log file.

Created new directory for scripts: /usr/local/rancid/scripts/migration

Contents of script file:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin -x $1.txt swsg-extfw01 >> $1.log

Contents of show-run-object-test1.commands

show run object id <valid-object-name>

script command:

sh test.sh show-run-object-test1

Output in log file show-run-object-test1.log

swsg-extfw01

spawn ssh -c aes128-cbc -x -l rancid swsg-extfw01

***@swsg-extfw01's password:

Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.

swsg-extfw01> enable

Password: ****************

swsg-extfw01#

swsg-extfw01# terminal length 0

^

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

swsg-extfw01# terminal width 132

^

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

swsg-extfw01# show run object id <valid-object-name>

object network <valid-object-name>

host <valid-IP-address>

swsg-extfw01#

swsg-extfw01#exit

Logoff

Connection to swsg-extfw01 closed by remote host.

Connection to swsg-extfw01 closed.