[rancid] best way to remove part of a command's output
Burton Windle
2008-12-11 21:21:08 UTC
I've got a few Dell 6248 switches which, as part of the 'show system'
command, display both their uptime and the temperature of the units.
Both of these are problems, as they cause frequent hourly diffs to
be emailed out.

I've removed the uptime, as that was all on one line with a unique prefix,
but I'm unsure what the best way to remove the temperature. I'd really
like to include the output of 'show system', as it has some data (fan
status, mostly) I'd like to keep. I guess I could just remove any line
with 'OK' in it, but I'd like to know more experienced rancid'ers
would solve this.

Raw output is:

WH-ClientSW-1#show system
System Description: Dell Ethernet Switch
System Up Time (days, hour:min:sec): 4, 9:45:22
System Contact:
System Name: WH-ClientSW-1
System Location: Warehouse Server room
Burned In MAC Address: 001E.C984.FAE6
System Object ID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10875.3011
Machine Type: Dell 48 Port Gigabit Ethernet
Temperature Sensors:

Unit Temperature (Celsius) Status
---- --------------------- ------
1 35 OK
2 36 OK
3 36 OK

Fans:

Unit Description Status
---- ----------- ------
1 Fan 1 OK
1 Fan 2 OK
1 Fan 3 OK
1 Fan 4 OK
2 Fan 1 OK
2 Fan 2 OK
2 Fan 3 OK
2 Fan 4 OK
3 Fan 1 OK
3 Fan 2 OK
3 Fan 3 OK
3 Fan 4 OK

Power Supplies:

Unit Description Status Source
---- ----------- ----------- ------
1 Main OK AC
1 Secondary Failure DC
2 Main OK AC
2 Secondary Failure DC
3 Main OK AC
3 Secondary Failure DC
Burton Windle ***@fint.org
john heasley
2008-12-11 21:36:00 UTC
Post by Burton Windle
[...]
does "unit" refer to the temp sensor or something else? or, is "status"
interesting?