[rancid] Re: nslogin netscaler V8
Marco Schirrmeister
2008-10-30 03:14:44 UTC
Does anyone have a working nslogin for netscaler Version 8?
I noticed the same issue with a NetScaler V8 firmware. It just didn't
logged in and stopped at the password prompt.
I guess the NetScaler files that included in upstream at the moment
are very old. I think below version 5, but I don't know.

I modified the nslogin and nsrancid scripts that they match with the
prompt and the commands on a NetScaler with version 8.x firmware.
Maybe we can include more commands. Right now it only runs "show ns
ns.conf".

You can find my patches and a new RPM package here. http://people.ogilvy.de/~mschirrmeister/linux/rancid/

Marco
Zod Mansour
2008-10-30 21:24:41 UTC
I tested your script and it works well. Thanks. I needed it as well.

Marco
john heasley
2008-11-05 08:45:23 UTC
Post by Marco Schirrmeister
Does anyone have a working nslogin for netscaler Version 8?
I noticed the same issue with a NetScaler V8 firmware. It just didn't
logged in and stopped at the password prompt.
I guess the NetScaler files that included in upstream at the moment
are very old. I think below version 5, but I don't know.
I modified the nslogin and nsrancid scripts that they match with the
prompt and the commands on a NetScaler with version 8.x firmware.
Maybe we can include more commands. Right now it only runs "show ns
ns.conf".
You can find my patches and a new RPM package here.
http://people.ogilvy.de/~mschirrmeister/linux/rancid/
I don't know anything about netscaler, but your changes appear as if they'd
break previous versions. Why should that support be dropped? is pre-8
completely passe?

Has the prompt changed? Matching just '>' is usually a bad idea.