[rancid] Enable Problem
Jason Ledford
2009-01-31 20:21:34 UTC
I am currently trying to setup rancid to backup my cisco configs and running into a problem. I am not the cisco person here so I can't vouch for this setup. We are slooooowly migrating to acs and have some routers on acs and some not. I can grab the routers configs that are on acs with no problem, the others I can get the configs. I have been trying to narrow down and figure out what the problem is and when I test clogin and login to the problem routers I get logged in and get a double prompt. I am assuming from what I have read that means it enabled and I can now type what I need, but that's not the case. Commands do not work at this point, BUT, after logging in with clogin if I do #en and give the password I can then run #sh run. I 'think' I may know why but need to confirm this. On the problem routers the motd is surrounded by # symbols and I saw something in the mailing list that said that could confuse rancid since it expects a # to enable. The routers that just happen to be on the acs also do not have #'s in the motd.

So am I on the right track in thinking my network admin borked this up trying to be fancy with the motd? Or could my problem lie elsewhere?

Thanks for your help.