[rancid] Palo Alto
Arthur Chilipweli
2013-01-02 19:41:16 UTC
All, I hope someone can help me out, I have followed up on the configuration of the rancid to pull configs from Palo alto devices, based on this discussion string found here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rancid/users/6483?page=unread#unread<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rancid/users/6483?page=unread%23unread>

The login script seems to be working, however I am unable to pull the configs using the scripts, can someone please point me to the right direction please:
[***@mdrancid ~]$ panlogin 3040-palo-altofw01
3040-palo-altofw01
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin 3040-palo-altofw01
Password:
Last login: Wed Jan 2 13:22:13 2013 from 10.1.5.14
***@palo-altofw01 (active)>
***@palo-altofw01 (active)> exit

But running a test script to pull configs seems not to be working:

[***@mdrancid ~]$ panlogin -t 120 -c "show config running" 3040-palo-altofw01
3040-palo-altofw01
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin 3040-palo-altofw01
Password:
Last login: Wed Jan 2 13:27:43 2013 from 10.1.5.14
***@palo-altofw01 (active)>
***@palo-altofw01 (active)> set cli pager off
***@palo-altofw01 (active)>
Error: TIMEOUT reached

--Arthur
Hughes, Doug
2013-01-02 21:32:47 UTC
Yes, somebody else has run across this two, and it's because of the HA firewall setup and prompt change. Try this version that Wouter de Jong and I came up with:

--Arthur
heasley
2013-01-08 17:04:57 UTC
Extreme and Catalyst alter their prompts too; see clogin for a code example
that does this.
Arthur Chilipweli
2013-01-03 22:01:59 UTC
Doug,

Thank you for the work you and Wouter de Jong did, it is working thank you very much.

Thanks,

Arthur
Peter Jackson
2013-01-05 03:31:57 UTC
Which platform are you guys using? And which version of PA?

When I run rancid-run for our PA-200s it hangs at the EatCommand subroutine
for the first command, 'set cli scripting-mode on' as if there is no input
from this command.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Arthur Chilipweli <
Doug,****
** **
Hughes, Doug
2013-01-05 20:54:57 UTC
Try this/these version. I moved cli scripting-mode to earlier, put cli pager mode after it, and modified panlogin to just send return to determine prompt

Tested on 4.1.8, 5.0.1, and HA firewalls. Tested on my 2020 and 2050.

2013-01-06 00:46:32 UTC
This one works! Thank you so much.

I spent some time on a bash script that uses panlogin to copy the
running-config.xml file to a tftp server, rename it, and move it into an
archive directory. But having RANCID working is so much better.

I have attached your panrancid modified for the set mode.

** **
Arthur Chilipweli
2013-01-06 02:10:59 UTC
Yeah thank you guys very much