[rancid] Backing up Rancid and CVS
Pat McCloud
2009-07-24 13:23:30 UTC
I have a new Rancid install that I need to move to a new server. I figured
this would be a good time to develop and test a backup/restore procedure.

For Rancid I would just need to backup the config files, move them to the
new install and set up the cron job again correct?

What about for the CVS archive? Is there a way to back it up, or export and
import it on the new server?

Thanks,

Pat
john heasley
2009-07-29 08:18:51 UTC
Post by Pat McCloud
I have a new Rancid install that I need to move to a new server. I figured
this would be a good time to develop and test a backup/restore procedure.
For Rancid I would just need to backup the config files, move them to the
new install and set up the cron job again correct?
What about for the CVS archive? Is there a way to back it up, or export and
import it on the new server?
it should be possible to just tar the directory and extract it on the
new machine. if paths change, you'll have to check-out new copies of
the group directories.