[rancid] Current stable version?
Todd Heide
2007-06-28 16:14:05 UTC
What is the current stable version of Rancid? I am building a new box
due to the current one having hardware issues, and the OS is FC6, the
current is FC4.

Thanks

CCNA CWLSS CS-CISecS

Nothing ever goes as planned, Its a hell of a notion,

Even pharaohs turn to sand, Like a drop in the ocean
Michael Stefaniuc
2007-06-28 16:27:26 UTC
Post by Todd Heide
What is the current stable version of Rancid? I am building a new box
due to the current one having hardware issues, and the OS is FC6, the
current is FC4.
Afaik 2.3.1 is still counted as the last stable version but i doubt you
will be happy with that one. Especially if you need/want one of the
extra features/patches that float on the mailing list. Backporting that
is just too much work. 2.3.2aX worked/works fine for me.

bye
michael
--
Michael Stefaniuc Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Sr. Network Engineer Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
D-70178 Stuttgart
Todd Heide
2007-06-28 17:18:24 UTC
Also, is it possible to move the current repository of backups to the
new server? I use CVS for this.

Thanks

Todd Heide

Equivoice Inc.