[rancid] hp procurve 2510 stack commander
Rainer Schubert
2013-06-05 09:36:45 UTC
Hi all,

I'm using rancid to backup my configs. Now I have colocation with a
hp-procurve stack-membership. the current patch:

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2011-January/005456.html

is not working for me. hlogin hangs always at

*Enter switch number to connect to or <CR>:*

It's not possible to enter any character at the hlogin trials.

Is there anything else to do?

best regards
Rhys Evans
2013-06-06 08:52:00 UTC
Hi

I have this in my cloginrc for our Hp stacks

#HP Devices
add autoenable HP.local 0
add enableprompt HP.local {Enter switch number to connect to or <CR>:}
add password k HP.local ManageM3Now 0

if needed ill dig out the hlogin we use, I cant remember if I changed that

Thanks
Rhys Evans
Technical Consultant

| Redblade Ltd | Tel: +44 (0)845 094 2389 | Fax: +44 (0)20 7735 1555 | Southbank House, Vauxhall | www.redblade.co.uk |

Redblade Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England, no: 5821834 Registered Office: Southbank House, Black Prince Road, Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ This email and its content are subject to the disclaimer as displayed at the following link http://www.redblade.co.uk/disclaimer.htm
Rhys Evans
2013-06-06 14:04:45 UTC
HI

Please find attached

Thanks

Rhys Evans
Technical Consultant

| Redblade Ltd | Tel: +44 (0)845 094 2389 | Fax: +44 (0)20 7735 1555 | Southbank House, Vauxhall | www.redblade.co.uk |

clogin seems to working, but hlogin hangs still at the same point. Could have a look at your hlogin, if there was made any changes?

thanks in advance

| Redblade Ltd | Tel: +44 (0)845 094 2389<tel:%2B44%20%280%29845%20094%202389> | Fax: +44 (0)20 7735 1555<tel:%2B44%20%280%2920%207735%201555> | Southbank House, Vauxhall | www.redblade.co.uk<http://redblade.co.uk> |

Rainer Schubert
2013-06-06 14:27:31 UTC

thank you for the file, but my problem is still the same. I have activated
the following option in my hlogin:

set avautoenable 1

It works perfect for the main swichtes, but the commander hangs.
*Sent:* 06 June 2013 14:25
*To:* Rhys Evans
Rainer Schubert
2013-06-07 12:19:11 UTC
It works! If set avautoenable is enabled you can't login to the commander
switches. So you have disable this feature and reconfigure your .cloginrc.

Rhys Evans, thank you very much for your help!
Hi,
*Sent:* 06 June 2013 14:25
*To:* Rhys Evans
Rainer Schubert