[rancid] enable password usage in .cloginrc
abez sharon
2007-11-02 09:19:20 UTC
add user 192.168.1.1 tom
add userpassword 192.168.1.1 tom-password
The 'rancid' user is used to execute the clogin
command.

the command used is 'clogin 192.168.1.1'
It uses tom as the user name to connect and it also
uses the tom-password to authenticate successfully.
Then it executes the enable command, but is unable to
find the password.

Where and how can I specify the enable password in the
.cloginrc file ?

Thank You.
Abez

http://mail.yahoo.com
Lance
2007-11-02 14:26:55 UTC
There are examples of how to configure the .cloginrc in the
.cloginrc.example file.

but you are missing it after you regular password. it should look like
this.

add userpassword 192.168.1.1 tom-password tom-enable

-lance
abez sharon
2007-11-02 15:00:17 UTC
Hi Lance,
add user 192.168.20.16 tom
add userpassword 192.168.20.16 tom-password
and I execute clogin 192.168.20.16, it outputs:
Error in authentication.
Error: Check your enable password. ( it fails the
enable password authentication)
add user 192.168.20.16 tom
add userpassword 192.168.20.16 tom-password
tom-enablepassword

and I execute clogin 192.168.20.16, it outputs:
Authentication failed.
Error: Check your passwd for 192.168.20.16 ( it fails
the first level authentication itself)

Thanks ahead.
--Abez
http://mail.yahoo.com
Fox, Brad
2007-11-02 15:32:26 UTC
Abez,

Try for TACACS+

add user <Device> username
add password <Device> Password
add autoenable <Device> 1

For non-TACACS+

add password <Device> User-PW Enable-PW
add autoenable <Device> 0

If your password has any special characters such as $ put {} around the
password as it treats the $ as a variable not as part of your password.
Also the .cloginrc file is alpha-numeric sensative so make sure the
device is not catching someone elses hostname in ./cloginrc

Hope this helps

Brad