[rancid] RANCID and CRS-1 SDRs
Jens Link
2011-11-01 12:40:51 UTC
Hi all,

anybody using RANCID in combination with Cisco CRS and SDR (Secure
Domain Router)?

I can't login to the SDR directly but have to use something like this:

ssh ***@admin@192.0.2.1

where 192.0.2.1 is the IP address of the SDR

Any idea to configure something like this in RANCID?

regrads,

Jens
| Foelderichstr. 40 | 13595 Berlin, Germany | +49-151-18721264 |
| http://blog.quux.de | jabber: ***@guug.de | ------------------- |
Daniel Schmidt
2011-11-01 14:14:59 UTC
I used to use Rancid with the CRS - it worked quite well

anybody using RANCID in combination with Cisco CRS and SDR (Secure
Domain Router)?

I can't login to the SDR directly but have to use something like this:

ssh ***@admin@192.0.2.1

where 192.0.2.1 is the IP address of the SDR

Any idea to configure something like this in RANCID?

regrads,

Jens
of public business,is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act, and may be disclosed to third parties.
Jens Link
2011-11-01 15:13:21 UTC
Post by Daniel Schmidt
I used to use Rancid with the CRS - it worked quite well
Using RANCID with CRS is no problem at all. Using RANCID with an SDR
configured on a CRS is (or I currently not seeing the right solution.

An SDR is like a dedicated hardware and the way it is configured here
you have to to some kind of proxy auth. To log into a SDR you have to
use something like ***@admin@ip.

john heasley
2011-11-01 23:15:30 UTC
Post by Jens Link
Post by Daniel Schmidt
I used to use Rancid with the CRS - it worked quite well
Using RANCID with CRS is no problem at all. Using RANCID with an SDR
configured on a CRS is (or I currently not seeing the right solution.
An SDR is like a dedicated hardware and the way it is configured here
you have to to some kind of proxy auth. To log into a SDR you have to
do you mean that the username is essentially "***@admin", ie:
ssh -l ***@admin ip

i'd expect that you can use:
user add {***@admin}
or
Post by Jens Link
Regrads
Jens
Jens Link
2011-11-02 08:40:46 UTC
Post by Jens Link
An SDR is like a dedicated hardware and the way it is configured here
you have to to some kind of proxy auth. To log into a SDR you have to
Thanks. Didn't thought of that. It working now.

regards