[rancid] do_saveconfig
Richard Zheng
2010-09-19 08:20:09 UTC

I'd like to save config when config is different, e.g. run 'wr mem' on
cisco. There is a flag do_saveconfig on clogin. I changed it to 1, nothing
happens.

Is it possible to set it somewhere else?

Thanks,
john heasley
2010-10-12 05:16:02 UTC
Post by Richard Zheng
Hi,
I'd like to save config when config is different, e.g. run 'wr mem' on
cisco. There is a flag do_saveconfig on clogin. I changed it to 1, nothing
happens.
Is it possible to set it somewhere else?
it only works for a few of the platforms that prompt to save the config,
such as force10, cisco css, hp procurve, etc. ios does not prompt.
Per-Olof Olsson
2010-10-12 05:50:07 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by Richard Zheng
Hi,
I'd like to save config when config is different, e.g. run 'wr mem' on
cisco. There is a flag do_saveconfig on clogin. I changed it to 1, nothing
happens.
Is it possible to set it somewhere else?
it only works for a few of the platforms that prompt to save the config,
such as force10, cisco css, hp procurve, etc. ios does not prompt.
Not working for newer hp procurve!
You have to "logout" from manager level to get save config prompt.

Rancid 2.3.5.
diff -c hlogin.in.ORG hlogin.in

***************
*** 563,569 ****
}
}
log_user 1
! send -h "exit\r"
expect {
"Do you want to save current configuration" {
if {$do_saveconfig} {
--- 563,569 ----
}
}
log_user 1
! send -h "logout\r"
expect {
"Do you want to save current configuration" {
if {$do_saveconfig} {

/Peo
Per-Olof Olsson Email: ***@chalmers.se
Chalmers tekniska högskola IT-service
Hörsalsvägen 5 412 96 Göteborg
Tel: 031/772 6738 Fax: 031/772 8660
john heasley
2010-10-12 05:56:25 UTC
Post by Per-Olof Olsson
Post by john heasley
Post by Richard Zheng
Hi,
I'd like to save config when config is different, e.g. run 'wr mem' on
cisco. There is a flag do_saveconfig on clogin. I changed it to 1, nothing
happens.
Is it possible to set it somewhere else?
it only works for a few of the platforms that prompt to save the config,
such as force10, cisco css, hp procurve, etc. ios does not prompt.
Not working for newer hp procurve!
You have to "logout" from manager level to get save config prompt.
that is not sufficient. logout does not work in previous s/w, so it must
try one then the other.
Post by Per-Olof Olsson
Rancid 2.3.5.
diff -c hlogin.in.ORG hlogin.in
***************
*** 563,569 ****
}
}
log_user 1
! send -h "exit\r"
expect {
"Do you want to save current configuration" {
if {$do_saveconfig} {
--- 563,569 ----
}
}
log_user 1
! send -h "logout\r"
expect {
"Do you want to save current configuration" {
if {$do_saveconfig} {
/Peo
Chalmers tekniska h?gskola IT-service
H?rsalsv?gen 5 412 96 G?teborg