[rancid] Cisco Nexus copy command
Kirk D Mccann
2017-06-13 18:55:37 UTC
I added a rancid user in my switch how can I determine what the exact copy
command is so I can add it to the role?

Are there any instructions on switching to git instead of cvs?

Thanks
heasley
2017-06-14 04:33:34 UTC
Post by Kirk D Mccann
I added a rancid user in my switch how can I determine what the exact copy
command is so I can add it to the role?
rancid -t <device type> -C
Post by Kirk D Mccann
Are there any instructions on switching to git instead of cvs?
no, google for the import process. for the rancid part, run use the alpha
version for git, and update the SCM in rancid.conf.
Kirk D Mccann
2017-06-14 18:28:47 UTC
Looking in the rancid type base file I found the cisco-nx type. To get the
full functionality out of rancid should I allow all the commands listed in
there for that user?

-Kirk
heasley
2017-06-14 22:29:18 UTC
Post by Kirk D Mccann
Looking in the rancid type base file I found the cisco-nx type. To get the
full functionality out of rancid should I allow all the commands listed in
there for that user?
in general, yes. it run all of those commands, plus disable the tty
pager and alter the length and width of the tty.
Post by Kirk D Mccann
-Kirk