[rancid] Monitoring BGP in Rancid
mathiruban
2009-09-04 03:22:27 UTC
Dear Team,

Is it possible to monitor the BGP status in links using Rancid looking glass?
If BGP is down, can I get the email notification?

Rgds,

R.Mathiruban
Jon Lewis
2009-09-06 20:06:45 UTC
Post by mathiruban
Dear Team,
Is it possible to monitor the BGP status in links using Rancid looking glass?
If BGP is down, can I get the email notification?
I don't see why you couldn't add a show ip bg sum to the commands
run...but the problem I'd see with doing that in rancid is that if you're
talking about BGP (full routes, peering) with external AS's, the
number of prefixes received is likely to be in constant flux, causing a
diff every time rancid runs.

Jon Lewis | I route
Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
Atlantic Net |
john heasley
2009-09-06 23:48:23 UTC
Post by Jon Lewis
Post by mathiruban
Dear Team,
Is it possible to monitor the BGP status in links using Rancid looking glass?
If BGP is down, can I get the email notification?
I don't see why you couldn't add a show ip bg sum to the commands
run...but the problem I'd see with doing that in rancid is that if you're
talking about BGP (full routes, peering) with external AS's, the
number of prefixes received is likely to be in constant flux, causing a
diff every time rancid runs.
attached is used for cisco. you'll have to make your own adjustments to
rancid-fe and whatever else within the script.