[rancid] rancid for nortel baystack
Daniel Jesus
2013-10-21 17:45:42 UTC
Hi guys,

I'm having some issues to backup nortel baystack devices, due to the CTRL +
Y and the send C character.

i've read this post
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2010-November/005339.htmland
also downloaded the diff files. However, since i dont know which
version of rancid was used to create the diff files, i cannot do a proper
patch.... i've been trying to do the changes manually, but i've failed
terribly =)

I was hoping someone could upload a working bnlogin and brancid script.

It would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Daniel
Maxime Baudin
2013-10-22 12:53:53 UTC
Post by Daniel Jesus
Hi guys,
i've read this post
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2010-November/005339.html
and also downloaded the diff files. However, since i dont know which
version of rancid was used to create the diff files, i cannot do a
proper patch.... i've been trying to do the changes manually, but i've
failed terribly =)
Hi Daniel,
I managed to patch the files properly but the result is ... mmm ... not
working :(
It still stuck on the Ctrl-Y banner until timeout.

I can send you my files, two pairs of eyes may be better than one.

Regards,
Maxime
Daniel Jesus
2013-10-22 13:46:49 UTC
Hi Maxime,

I actually got it working....but only to find out there is a bug on the
nortel ios...the terminal lenght 0 command does not work properly.
which OS are you running on yours? it seems that the bug was fixed
from 4.0.5 onwards.

Anyway, here is my new bnlogin and bnrancid files...give it a try, maybe it
will work properly for you.

bnlogin - http://pastebin.com/cAgHgBp6
bnrancid - http://pastebin.com/Yss62mBE

dont forget to change the rancid-fe

and if it doesnt work for you, i guess the best option is do do a script
just to login and copy the conf to a tftp server....

Good luck,
Daniel

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Maxime Baudin
Post by Maxime Baudin
Post by Daniel Jesus
Hi guys,
i've read this post http://www.shrubbery.net/**
pipermail/rancid-discuss/2010-**November/005339.html<http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2010-November/005339.html>and also downloaded the diff files. However, since i dont know which
Maxime Baudin
2013-10-29 13:45:57 UTC
Post by Daniel Jesus
Hi Maxime,
I actually got it working....but only to find out there is a bug on
the nortel ios...the terminal lenght 0 command does not work properly.
which OS are you running on yours? it seems that the bug was fixed
from 4.0.5 onwards.
Hi,
To be honest, I'm using Avaya switch with 5.6.1.053 firmware.

Thank you very much, it works like a charm for the 48xx series !!

I'll try on 5xxx series, which have an ASCII menu brefore getting to the
CLI.

thanks a lot (I'll take time to make a diff between your files and mine)
Post by Daniel Jesus
Anyway, here is my new bnlogin and bnrancid files...give it a try,
maybe it will work properly for you.
bnlogin - http://pastebin.com/cAgHgBp6
bnrancid - http://pastebin.com/Yss62mBE
best regards,
Maxime
--
Maxime Baudin - Rectorat de Rennes
SERIA-R, 8 rue Jean-Julien Lemordant - 35000 Rennes
E-mail :Maxime.Baudin(at)ac-rennes.fr
Maxime Baudin
2013-10-30 08:04:02 UTC
Post by Maxime Baudin
Post by Daniel Jesus
Hi Maxime,
I actually got it working....but only to find out there is a bug on
the nortel ios...the terminal lenght 0 command does not work properly.
which OS are you running on yours? it seems that the bug was fixed
from 4.0.5 onwards.
Hi,
To be honest, I'm using Avaya switch with 5.6.1.053 firmware.
Thank you very much, it works like a charm for the 48xx series !!
Errr, my mistakes,
same issue with the "terminal length 0" command

:(

Maxime