[rancid] Hop onto router/gateway to login to another router
Muhammad Shoaib
2013-11-25 21:13:21 UTC
Hello,

I ran into a scenario where I need to jump through a router or routers to get the config of the target router.

I have searched archives and found the following thread (Sept 2008 ) and wondering if this is still intact or better ways has been incorporated into the newer versions of 'rancid'.

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2008-September/003283.html

I am running the rancid 2.3.8

Any hints / links would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Muhammad
Muhammad Shoaib
2013-11-26 01:50:46 UTC
I tried the following configuration but seeing an error :

--- .cloginrc
add method far-router {usercmd}
add user far-router admin
add password far-router {password} {password}
add usercmd far-router {clogin} {-noenable} {gateway-router}
add usercmd_chat far-router {>} {telnet far-router\r} {User Access Verification} {}

---- output
[***@ca01net03 ~]$ clogin far-router
far-router

Error: unknown connection method: usercmd
[***@ca01net03 ~]$

Do I need to install/patch rancid to get "usercmd" to work ?

Please advise.

Muhammad
heasley
2013-11-27 16:48:01 UTC
Post by Muhammad Shoaib
---- output
far-router
Error: unknown connection method: usercmd
clogin would need to be patched to accept usercmd.
2013-11-29 20:11:27 UTC
Thank you so much Heasley for the reply.

Will there be any chance the patch will be integrated to 2.3.8 soon. I have few hundred routers that is accessible only through a gateway.

Thank you
Muhammad