[rancid] info on getting rancid to run following configuration changes
Amanda Lalli-Cafini
2011-09-13 05:42:50 UTC
Good Day All,

I was wondering if anyone had any success making RANCID run in response to configuration changes on a single device.

I was thinking that we might not want to run RANCID for the whole list of routers and switches following config changes so can anyone show a way that the IP address that had the config change can make rancid run for that single device only?

thanks very much for any help

regards

amanda
Nick Buraglio
2011-09-23 19:25:49 UTC
We have this working based on events in syslog using SEC. It's pretty
trivial to do if you have your stuff logging centrally and have access
to SEC http://simple-evcorr.sourceforge.net/

nb