[rancid] groups, customers and so on in RANCID....
Javier A. Herrera
2012-11-29 13:31:47 UTC
Hello,

sure i'm missing or misunderstanding something, but i'm not able to make
RANCID work with customers or groups, unless i'm supposing things that
RANCID doesn't do...let me explain...what i wanted to do was to put
several customers or groups on the LIST_OF_GROUPS entry, each one of
then associated with a router.db list of devices in the corresponding
directory, and then, in the .cloginrc file, use a different credentials
for each group, that is, for example:

add method *.group1 ssh
add method *.group2 telnet
add method *.group3 ssh telnet
add password *.group1 {pass1} {pass2}
add password *.group2 {pass1} {passpass}

and so on...

but i'm having no success...could anyone point me to the right
direction, if it is possible?? is there any way of doing this??

Thank you very much in advance,

Javier
Martin Barry
2012-12-03 09:56:44 UTC
$quoted_author = "Javier A. Herrera" ;
Post by Javier A. Herrera
sure i'm missing or misunderstanding something, but i'm not able to make
RANCID work with customers or groups, unless i'm supposing things that
RANCID doesn't do...let me explain...what i wanted to do was to put
several customers or groups on the LIST_OF_GROUPS entry, each one of
then associated with a router.db list of devices in the corresponding
directory, and then, in the .cloginrc file, use a different credentials
add method *.group1 ssh
add method *.group2 telnet
add method *.group3 ssh telnet
add password *.group1 {pass1} {pass2}
add password *.group2 {pass1} {passpass}
The regex matching in cloginrc is only against the hostname and not any
other grouping you may have defined.

This works best if you have structured hostnames that contain the relevant
identifying information like location or customer ID etc.etc.

cheers
Marty
bob watson

bob watson
2012-12-03 20:25:06 UTC
Yes Doug. I should have checked first! Sorry folks!
. is concatenation in Perl, but in tcl it has no special meaning.
Doug Hughes
2012-12-03 14:16:43 UTC