[rancid] How to downgrade from 2.3.2a9 to 2.3.2a8
Mina Eskander
2009-02-25 20:00:16 UTC
I am having problems contacting my catos switches, I have 2 6509's
I have the type in my router.db as cat5, and clogin works fine, but when I run rancid or cat5rancid it just hangs after getting into enable mode.
I have autoenable set to 0 so it has to enter the enable password.

I read in another post that somebody downgraded to 2.3.2a8 and it works, but I need some help downgrading.
Here is the post I read it in http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-February/003637.html
I am running
Linux version 2.6.23.12-52.fc7 (***@xenbuilder4.fedora.phx.redhat.com<mailto:***@xenbuilder4.fedora.phx.redhat.com>) (gcc version 4.1.2 20070925 (Red Hat 4.1.2-27))

Please help

Mina Eskander
Perimeterwatch Technologies
Direct: +1 (347) 448-2845
Mobile: +1 (347) 510-4102
***@perimeterwatch.com<mailto:***@perimeterwatch.com>

Network Security | Disaster Recovery | Business Continuity | IT Projects | Application Development
New York: (347) 448-2845 - 34-12 36th Street - 2nd Floor - Astoria, NY 11106
john heasley
2009-02-25 22:21:02 UTC
Post by Mina Eskander
I am having problems contacting my catos switches, I have 2 6509's
I have the type in my router.db as cat5, and clogin works fine, but when I run rancid or cat5rancid it just hangs after getting into enable mode.
I have autoenable set to 0 so it has to enter the enable password.
I read in another post that somebody downgraded to 2.3.2a8 and it works, but I need some help downgrading.
Here is the post I read it in http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-February/003637.html
or, you could collect this information needed to debug the problem.
I am running
Mina Eskander