[rancid] Device Groups
Dustin Schuemann
2009-05-25 22:13:47 UTC
I am a consultant so im not always able to run rancid run to download
all the devices. Is there a way I can just specify a device list by
client to only download that list.

Also does this work with Adtran devices.
john heasley
2009-05-26 17:54:20 UTC
Post by Dustin Schuemann
I am a consultant so im not always able to run rancid run to download
all the devices. Is there a way I can just specify a device list by
client to only download that list.
i do not understand what you're asking exactly.

you can mark a device 'down' and it won't be collected.
you can run rancid-run groupname to only collect that group
you can run rancid-run -r devicename or rancid-run -r devicename groupname to
only collect that device or that device in that group
no; someone suggested they'd write a module for it, but i havent seen it yet.
Lance Vermilion
2009-05-26 17:05:21 UTC
Dustin,
Provided you have access to run rancid-run you can do what you want.
usage: rancid-run [-V] [-f config_file] [-r device_name] [-m mail rcpt]
[group [group ...]]