[rancid] rancid not keeping the newly created .new file
MALAPELLE, FRANCK
2011-10-28 17:54:08 UTC

I'm facing a really strange problem.
I have routers A and B; both are 7750 Alcatel routers. Except that router A was a Cisco before, we kept the same name.
I can run the alurancid / alulogin perfectly on both of these.

However when I ran rancid-run only router B has a file with its configuration. Router A still has the cisco config file.
I then created a new group within rancid and started over, this time the conf file of router A is empty!

While rancid-run is running, I can see the routerA.new and routerB.new files.
The configuration of routerA is effectively within the routerA.new file!
But, when rancid-run is done, the routerA conf file remains empty...!

As someone ever experienced this? Can someone help me on this subject? I am actually banging my head against my keyboard :)
Thanks,

Franck

________________________________
L'int?grit? de ce message n'?tant pas assur?e sur internet, la soci?t? exp?ditrice ne peut ?tre tenue responsable de son contenu ni de ses pi?ces jointes. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le d?truire et d'avertir l'exp?diteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. The company that sent this message cannot therefore be held liable for its content nor attachments. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and notify the sender.
john heasley
2011-10-28 20:12:57 UTC
Post by MALAPELLE, FRANCK
Hi,
I'm facing a really strange problem.
I have routers A and B; both are 7750 Alcatel routers. Except that router A was a Cisco before, we kept the same name.
I can run the alurancid / alulogin perfectly on both of these.
However when I ran rancid-run only router B has a file with its configuration. Router A still has the cisco config file.
I then created a new group within rancid and started over, this time the conf file of router A is empty!
the parsing of the received data is probably failing in alurancid. see the
group's logfile and dry alurancid -d hostname.
MALAPELLE, FRANCK
2011-11-02 10:13:05 UTC
Hi John,

Alurancid is fine, it can log in and create a file of the configuration :
***@bt1shs08:~/bin$ alurancid -d routerA
executing alulogin -t 90 -c"show chassis environment;show chassis power-supply;admin display-config;show system information;show redundancy synchronization" routerA
PROMPT MATCH: "A:routerA#"
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# show chassis environment
In ShowHw: A:routerA# show chassis environment
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# show chassis power-supply
In ShowPwr: A:routerA# show chassis power-supply
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# admin display-config
In ShowConfig: A:routerA# admin display-config
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# show system information
In ShowSysinfo: A:routerA# show system information
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# show redundancy synchronization
In ShowRedSync: A:routerA# show redundancy synchronization

The file is there with all the conf.

However, when I run rancid-run I can see the .new file during the process but it then disappears...
I just can't explain it.

Franck
Hi,

john heasley
2011-11-02 19:40:17 UTC
Post by MALAPELLE, FRANCK
Hi John,
executing alulogin -t 90 -c"show chassis environment;show chassis power-supply;admin display-config;show system information;show redundancy synchronization" routerA
PROMPT MATCH: "A:routerA#"
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# show chassis environment
In ShowHw: A:routerA# show chassis environment
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# show chassis power-supply
In ShowPwr: A:routerA# show chassis power-supply
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# admin display-config
In ShowConfig: A:routerA# admin display-config
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# show system information
In ShowSysinfo: A:routerA# show system information
HIT COMMAND:A:routerA# show redundancy synchronization
In ShowRedSync: A:routerA# show redundancy synchronization
rancid would end with:
Done : prompt#exit

i don't know if you maintained this behavior in alurancid.
Post by MALAPELLE, FRANCK
The file is there with all the conf.
However, when I run rancid-run I can see the .new file during the process but it then disappears...
I just can't explain it.
alurancid is probably removing it because its not convinced that it got
the full output.
Post by MALAPELLE, FRANCK
Franck
Hi,