[rancid] Enterasys DFE support
Adam Korab
2007-05-07 15:42:32 UTC
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to figure out getting rancid polling working on several
Enterasys N-series chassi running DFE platinum blades. The docs
indicate that rivlogin works for Enterasys, but I'm not familiar with
the Riverstone aspect of things so I don't know if it's "close enough"
for the new Enterasys gear.

Has anybody got tips or suggestions, perhaps a "gotcha" that I'm missing?

Thanks,

--Adam
--
"A workstation without a network is like a geek in a field all by himself.
It looks intriguing, unusual and different but no one will come within 20
feet of it." -- Sun help document
john heasley
2007-05-08 09:06:01 UTC
Post by Adam Korab
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to figure out getting rancid polling working on several
Enterasys N-series chassi running DFE platinum blades. The docs
indicate that rivlogin works for Enterasys, but I'm not familiar with
the Riverstone aspect of things so I don't know if it's "close enough"
for the new Enterasys gear.
Has anybody got tips or suggestions, perhaps a "gotcha" that I'm missing?
I do not have access to any of these systems, though some folks are using
it. However, I do not know if they have the platform you have.

Perhaps if you shared the error.
Andrew Fort
2007-05-08 18:27:46 UTC
Post by Adam Korab
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to figure out getting rancid polling working on several
Enterasys N-series chassi running DFE platinum blades. The docs
indicate that rivlogin works for Enterasys, but I'm not familiar with
the Riverstone aspect of things so I don't know if it's "close enough"
for the new Enterasys gear.
The last enterasys gear I used it with was rebadged Cabletron gear
with OS tweaks (e.g., SSR3000, SSR8000/8600).

Cableton split into Enterasys and Riverstone back in the day, and the
OS was similar (CLI wise) on a variety of the Cabletron products for
some time.

It's unlikely it works with other gear unless it follows the same CLI
command set as the Cabletron style gear did.