[rancid] Device not issuing and "End"
Gary Roberts
2008-04-28 22:59:03 UTC
I have a device that utilizes commands in the Cisco IOS format.
For backup purposes, lets say it is a Cisco Clone.
However, when issuing a show running-config, the device does not include or issue an "END" at the end of the file, like most devices.
As a result, i get an "End of Run not found" error.

Suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
Gary Roberts
2008-04-29 14:32:02 UTC
Just some more info i forgot to add.
The device does drop me to a prompt at the end of show run.

gr

Sam Stickland
2008-04-29 19:09:08 UTC
In my quick glance at the source code this has puzzled me. It looks like
RANCID either looks for a specific line to mark the end of the config,
or in some cases (i.e. Content Engines) it just believes that if it gets
more than 4 lines it's complete.

Is there any reason it doesn't look for the prompt to re-appear? Does
this not work in all cases?

Sam

Mike Ashcraft
2008-04-29 19:39:42 UTC
Gary,

You will need to make a copy of bin/rancid and modify it to work with this device, add the new clone vendor to bin/rancid-fe calling your modified rancid and set these clones as the newly created vendor in router.db.

If you name the clone, someone may have already created this modification and could provide a copy.

Mike