[rancid] Fwd: Show Vlan in Cisco Module
o***@gmail.com
2007-11-29 20:31:29 UTC
Hi Guys,

Recently just installed rancid & have been playing with it. I've noticed
that when it runs alot of the time (For me) it sends an email & flags
differences on information on the "show vlan" command almost all the time.
Is there are way I can remove this from the Cisco module??

If anybody can help out there with this I would be extremely greatful.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Brad
o***@gmail.com
2007-11-29 12:06:09 UTC
Hi Guys.

Recently just installed rancid & have been playing with it. I've noticed
that when it runs the diff alot of the time (For me) it sends an email &
flags differences on information I don't care about. Such as the "Show Vlan"
command.

Is there are way to suppress/stop the Cisco Module when selected doing
certain "show" commands??

I only really want to stop the Show Vlan at this stage.

Regards,

Brad
Mike Ashcraft
2007-11-30 00:58:41 UTC
Brad,

You can play with the subroutine that parses the show vlan output.
Search bin/rancid for "sub ShowVLAN".

You could also just eliminate the show vlan altogether by removing or
commenting out the line

{'show vlan' => 'ShowVLAN'},

from bin/rancid.

Mike