[rancid] Cisco WLC: Rancid 3.0 add other vendor devices???
Joshua Lebo
2014-05-16 20:36:56 UTC
Gavin,

I'm having the exact same issues. I'm also poking around at code, and I
have noticed that Rancid::loadtype is a subrouting in
lib/rancid/rancid.pmnot it's own module.

For completeness, I'm showing my rancid.types.conf contents:

ciscowlc;login;wlogin
ciscowlc;script;ciscowlc5

and my error:

Trying to get all of the configs.
Unknown option: t
ciscowlc5 wlogin error: Error: no password for ciscowlc5 in
/home/rancid/.cloginrc.
ciscowlc5: missed cmd(s): show sysinfo,show udi,show run-config commands
ciscowlc5: End of run not found

I was able to resolve 'Unknown option: t' was resolved by catching the
option, by editing line 30 and adding 't'.

The above wlogin error should probably read <devicename> instead of
<ciscowlc5>, leading me to believe that our scripts are not parsing
something correctly. Did the change in router.db from ':' to ';' in
version 3.0 break the script?
Interestingly, if I run ./ciscowlc5 <devicename> from within the bin
directory, the complete config is pulled down and saved as a .new file.
Password, etc is correctly configured. So I know the scripts work, having
trouble getting them to run via rancid-run in version 3.0.

- Josh
Gavin Jones
2014-05-18 23:56:11 UTC
Hi Josh,
Heasley who is on this list recently solved this issue for me,
he gave me a patch to recompile back into the source. I will await him to
reply with the patch as he can explain it better.

Thanks
heasley
2014-05-19 20:59:57 UTC
Post by Gavin Jones
Hi Josh,
Heasley who is on this list recently solved this issue for me,
he gave me a patch to recompile back into the source. I will await him to
reply with the patch as he can explain it better.
Thanks
imo, the better fix is to move the cmd-line options from rancid-fe to
rancid.types* so the older scripts do not need to change. This seems like
an important fix, aka big cockup; so, I've dropped rancid 3.1:
ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rancid/rancid-3.1.tar.gz

(git, v6 prefix sorting, and few others didnt make it.)