[rancid] tac+ user and password
Knecht
2007-09-20 16:15:08 UTC
Hi

Today i had my first experiments with RANCID.
I try to clogin to one of your cisco routers, we are using tac+.
clogin use my name but not my tac+ password.

I setup .cloginrc file with the following settings.

add password my.router cisco cisco
add userpassword my.router cisco
add method * {ssh} {telnet}
add noenable *

When i change my tac+ password to cisco it works.
Is there any way to let clogin know that he should use my tac+ password ?

Regards
Thorsten
Mike Ashcraft
2007-09-20 16:54:44 UTC
Thorston,

Change .clogin to use your tac+ password instead of "cisco".

clogin is obtaining your username from the environment, you need to
provide your password in .cloginrc.

Mike

Knecht
2007-09-20 17:07:18 UTC
Mike,

Thx for your feedback.
Ok, but it is a little bit unsecure.
Can i use DES encryption like tac_pwd and login = des ....
in the tac_plus config ?

Thorsten
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Lance
2007-09-20 17:52:40 UTC
Knecht,

The concept of security has always been an issue for many. The concept
is to have a secure server and only allow who absolutely must have
access, access.

In short, the answer is it is not written to do that. you could write
some code to have it do that and contribute to the project. :-D

-lance
Lance Vermilion