[rancid] How to configure rancid for stacked switches ?
DELOISON, Clement
2018-03-01 13:14:04 UTC

Can you help me with my problem ? I can't make RANCID works with my stacked
HP switches. When I check logs, I have this :

Trying to get all of the configs.
couldn't compile regular expression pattern: parentheses () not balanced
while executing
"expect {
-re $reprompt {}
-re "\[\n\r]+" { exp_continue }
}"
(procedure "run_commands" line 12)
invoked from within
"run_commands $prompt $command"
("foreach" body line 160)
invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
set router [string tolower $router]
send_user "$router\n"

# device timeout
set timeout [find t..."
(file "/usr/local/rancid/bin/hlogin" line 654)
xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: missed cmd(s): all commands
xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: End of run not found
;

I don't really understand what is the problem and what I can do to fix that.

Best regards,
--
Clément Deloison
Apprenti Réseau
Fax : 03.87.39.52.99
d***@keystonenap.com
2018-03-01 18:09:44 UTC
try hrancid -d -t hp <device>

Then we'd be able to tell a little more about what's going on.

Sent from my android device.

Fax : 03.87.39.52.99
heasley
2018-03-02 00:02:09 UTC
Post by d***@keystonenap.com
try hrancid -d -t hp <device>
Then we'd be able to tell a little more about what's going on.
and what version of rancid. what model switch. etc.
DELOISON, Clement
2018-03-02 08:16:33 UTC
Hi again,

I'm not able to do a hrancid... I'm sorry for that but I'm a french student
and I'm new at rancid configuration, it's the first time I use it. I may
apologize too for my english which is not perfect at all.
Well, this is what I had when I tried hrancid ; "-bash: hrancid: command
not found" (I suppose that I have to install packages or something like
this ?)
For the configuration, this is what I have :

There are 2 of them, which are stacked (I don't know if it's the right word
but it's like you have 2 switches in one with only one IP address)
My version of RANCID is : rancid-3.4.1

Thank you very much for your feedback ! You help me a lot in my project !

Best regards,
Post by d***@keystonenap.com
[...]
Post by d***@keystonenap.com
Best regards,
--
Clément Deloison
Apprenti Réseau
Fax : 03.87.39.52.99
heasley
2018-03-02 16:40:24 UTC
Post by DELOISON, Clement
Hi again,
I'm not able to do a hrancid... I'm sorry for that but I'm a french student
and I'm new at rancid configuration, it's the first time I use it. I may
apologize too for my english which is not perfect at all.
your english is fine; stop appologizing for it.
Post by DELOISON, Clement
Well, this is what I had when I tried hrancid ; "-bash: hrancid: command
not found" (I suppose that I have to install packages or something like
this ?)
if you are using bash, you should be able to "source" rancid.conf to create
a usable PATH that includes the location of hrancid, etc.
". /path/to/rancid.conf"
Post by DELOISON, Clement
There are 2 of them, which are stacked (I don't know if it's the right word
but it's like you have 2 switches in one with only one IP address)
My version of RANCID is : rancid-3.4.1
There have been changes to hp support since then; I suggest that you install
rancid 3.7.

but, also tell us what model of switches these are, HP OEMs a lot of it's
network hardware.
Post by d***@keystonenap.com
[...]
Post by d***@keystonenap.com
Best regards,