[rancid] rancid 2.3.2a9 on Soalris9
k***@accenture.com
2009-01-28 18:19:58 UTC
I'm getting an error when running rancid-run, I've pasted it below. It
appears that the config is copied from the device into the repository,
but no diffs are generated or emailed. Any help would be appreciated,
I'm pretty sure it's a Solaris9 issue.

starting: Wed Jan 28 13:00:00 EST 2009

Trying to get all of the configs.

All routers sucessfully completed.

awk: syntax error near line 1

awk: illegal statement near line 1

awk: illegal statement near line 1

/local1/USERS/rancid/bin/control_rancid: test: argument expected

ending: Wed Jan 28 13:00:26 EST 2009

john heasley
2009-01-28 19:45:33 UTC
Post by k***@accenture.com
I'm getting an error when running rancid-run, I've pasted it below. It
appears that the config is copied from the device into the repository,
but no diffs are generated or emailed. Any help would be appreciated,
I'm pretty sure it's a Solaris9 issue.
starting: Wed Jan 28 13:00:00 EST 2009
Trying to get all of the configs.
All routers sucessfully completed.
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1
/local1/USERS/rancid/bin/control_rancid: test: argument expected
I haven't had this problem, which is probably due to something in
my environment. could you send the o/p to me of
sh -x control_rancid > output
Peter Serwe
2009-01-28 19:55:04 UTC
I'm guessing Solaris' awk doesn't like something and installing gawk might help.

Disclaimer: The above statement is just a WAG.

Peter
Post by john heasley
Post by k***@accenture.com
I'm getting an error when running rancid-run, I've pasted it below. It
appears that the config is copied from the device into the repository,
but no diffs are generated or emailed. Any help would be appreciated,
I'm pretty sure it's a Solaris9 issue.
starting: Wed Jan 28 13:00:00 EST 2009
Trying to get all of the configs.
All routers sucessfully completed.
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1
/local1/USERS/rancid/bin/control_rancid: test: argument expected
I haven't had this problem, which is probably due to something in
my environment. could you send the o/p to me of
sh -x control_rancid > output
--