[rancid] Repeat config fetcher problems email to rancid admin
Mathiruban Rajagopal
2010-08-19 04:19:10 UTC
Hello,

I am receiving continuous email to rancid admin that "The following routers
have not been successfully contacted for more than 4 hours".
When I checked the group log, it say "clogin error: Error: Check your passwd
for xxxx" but from rancid server clogin is working for those devices.

Mathy.
john heasley
2010-08-19 05:06:57 UTC
Post by Mathiruban Rajagopal
Hello,
I am receiving continuous email to rancid admin that "The following routers
have not been successfully contacted for more than 4 hours".
When I checked the group log, it say "clogin error: Error: Check your passwd
for xxxx" but from rancid server clogin is working for those devices.
obviously it is lying.

while temped to leave it at that, try your login tests as the user who
runs rancid using the name used in the router.db.
Randy Bush
2010-08-19 06:15:31 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by Mathiruban Rajagopal
I am receiving continuous email to rancid admin that "The following routers
have not been successfully contacted for more than 4 hours".
When I checked the group log, it say "clogin error: Error: Check your passwd
for xxxx" but from rancid server clogin is working for those devices.
obviously it is lying.
while temped to leave it at that, try your login tests as the user who
runs rancid using the name used in the router.db.
82.3% of the time i see this, the device has a new ssh host key that is
in my ~/.aah/known_hosts but not in rancid's

randy