[rancid] Blade Network Tech switches (BNT/IBM/HP c-Class/etc)
Jethro R Binks
2014-02-24 00:21:22 UTC

In recent times there have been a few queries about rancid support for the
switches that Blade Network Technologies make, now apparently owned by
IBM.

Attached are modules I wrote today based on rancid 2.3.8 (and throwing
away all the cisco command processing). I would be interested to see how
these work for others.

Mine are actually being tested against switches in HP c-class blade
enclosures (v2 and v5) - no access to any IBM ones. In particular, it
needs them to be operating in ISCLI mode, not the old Alteon/Nortel WebOS
mode - try alogin/arancid for those.

You will need to set the appropriate paths for perl and expect on the
first lines, set your devices as type "bnt" in your router.db, and add the
following line to your rancid-fe:

'bnt' => 'bntrancid',

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.