[rancid] FW: Re: Clogin error
Parekh, Birju
2012-08-23 19:28:25 UTC
I cannot telnet into my devices but SSH works with the same username and password. When I ran clogin device name. I got the following error
clogin error: Error: Check your passwd

This is in my .clogin

#RANCID USER
add user * username
add password * {password}
add method * {telnet} {ssh}

The devices which have ssh enabled can login fine but the devices with telnet I am not able to login. The screen stops at username.
spawn telnet x.x.x.x
Trying x.x.x.x
Connected to x.x.x.x
Escape character is '^]'.

username:

I was initially polling using IP address. I have changed that to adding device names in host file and updated the router.db with the host file. But now I am unable to login or retrieve config from the devices using rancid.

Birju Parekh
Network & Voice Engineer
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation
680 N Lake Shore Driver Suite 1118
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone (312) 695 4775
Email: ***@nmff.org<mailto:***@nmff.org>
shouldbe q931
2012-08-23 21:15:18 UTC
Post by Parekh, Birju
Hi,
[...]
you haven;t given the reason why you can't telnet into the device, but
it would appear to be sitting at a username prompt and not
progfressing

have you tried just using ssh (removing telnet from the method) ?
Parekh, Birju
2012-08-23 21:17:11 UTC
I cannot do that since some of my switches are running an older IOS and don't have SSH availbe. It is hanging at the user prompt when I test it with clogin. I got check your password error when I ran rancid-run.
Thanks

shouldbe q931
you can set the method per device...
birju parekh