[rancid] OT: how to compare configs of two devices
Burton Windle
2007-10-23 12:30:38 UTC
(This may be OT, as it is mostly a CVS question)

How would one compare the stored configs of two devices? I'd like to make
sure that all of my branch office's routers are configured the same
(except for the obvious things, like IP addresses). Is there an easy way
to do this using either the CLI cvs tools or the cvsweb.cgi web-gui?
Burton Windle ***@fint.org
Lance Vermilion
2007-10-23 16:33:25 UTC
Burton,

The way I do it is via diff or sdiff against the configs in
var/<name>/configs/<device name>

Never heard of a CVS way to do it, as they are not directly related.

-Lance