[rancid] Rancid and Fortinet
Pier
2009-12-16 15:32:18 UTC
Hi all.
I started to use rancid to make backups of some routers and switches configurations and it works well.
But we have problem with a fortigate firewall, the same described here:

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-April/003840.html

Are there any news for this problem?
Thanks

Pier
Pierre-Emmanuel Andre
2009-12-16 16:50:13 UTC
Post by Pier
Hi all.
I started to use rancid to make backups of some routers and switches configurations and it works well.
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-April/003840.html
Are there any news for this problem?
Thanks
Pier
Hi Pier,

It depends on your firmware level.
On the new firmware (> 3 iirc), the good commands are:
+ get system status (for GetSystem)
+ show (for GetConf)

I use rancid to backup a lot of Fortinet (~ 200) without pbs.

Regards,
--
Pierre-Emmanuel André <pea at raveland.org>
GPG key: 0x7AE329DC
Pier
2009-12-16 17:12:09 UTC
Post by Pierre-Emmanuel Andre
Hi Pier,
It depends on your firmware level.
+ get system status (for GetSystem)
+ show (for GetConf)
I use rancid to backup a lot of Fortinet (~ 200) without
pbs.
Regards,
The fortinet is using a version 3 firmware.
I get a timeout error...do i have to modify something to make it work?
Thanks

Pier
Diego Ercolani
2009-12-17 08:08:30 UTC
I submitted a patch to correct problems on my fortinet during June....

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-June/004005.html

Please feel free to modify and adapt to your installation but please return it
to the community

Hope This Help
Diego

In data mercoledì 16 dicembre 2009 18:12:09, Pier ha scritto:
: > > Hi Pier,
Pier
Pierguido
2009-12-17 20:01:45 UTC
Post by Diego Ercolani
I submitted a patch to correct problems on my fortinet during June....
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-June/004005.html
Please feel free to modify and adapt to your installation but please return it
to the community
Hope This Help
Yes, thank you, With those patches i'm able to backups the configs of
the fortinet.
I saw you made a patch also for the 3coms, which "type" do i have to put
in the router.db?

Thanks

Pier
Diego Ercolani
2009-12-18 09:04:23 UTC
It's an enhancement for Baseline Switches (the model I've developed on is
3comBLS2948), so obviously the "machine type" to put in router.db is 3combls

I remember that I have also made some enhancements to .clogin parser needed by
my linux enhancements to build the correct database. I hope these enhancement
will be included and maintained in next releases of rancid.

Diego
Pier
Schmidt, Daniel
2009-12-17 22:22:14 UTC
Perhaps somebody would be interested in compiling all the unofficial/beta patches in one place so people don't have to search through the list archives?

Pier
john heasley
2009-12-17 22:27:32 UTC
Post by Schmidt, Daniel
Perhaps somebody would be interested in compiling all the unofficial/beta patches in one place so people don't have to search through the list archives?
it'd be great if someone other than the poster would verify that patches
actually work for platforms that I can't verify myself.
Schmidt, Daniel
2009-12-17 22:34:47 UTC
Hence said need for the page - can't expect John to do everything.
Well, that and maybe for patches that John and I disagree on. ;-)

Michael Stefaniuc
2009-12-18 10:14:33 UTC
Post by Schmidt, Daniel
Perhaps somebody would be interested in compiling all the
unofficial/beta patches in one place so people don't have to search
through the list archives?
That's actually a perfect use case for a wiki. Does a wiki exist for
rancid (the software and not the band ;)?

bye
michael
--
Michael Stefaniuc Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Consulting Communications Engineer Fax.: +49-711-96437-111