[rancid] problem collecting config from ERX E320 ver 7.3.2
Yuval Ben Ari
2007-11-27 15:08:10 UTC

I am trying to add an ERX and it fails to fetch the config.
in the router.db I added it as:
erxhostname:erx:up

but I am getting "config fetcher problems" for the device

doing manuall test I am able to:
1. clogin erx
2. clogin -c 'show confi' erx
all looks ok

but on var/logs I can see following:

Trying to get all of the configs.
erx_name clogin error: Error: Connection closed (telnet): erx_name
erx_name: missed cmd(s): show environment all,show configuration,show
redundancy,show version,show hardware,show boot,dir
erx_name: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
write(spawn_id=1): broken pipe
while executing
"send_user -- "$expect_out(buffer)""
invoked from within
"expect -nobrace -re ^H+ { exp_continue } -re {^[^
^M *]*MyPrompt([^#>\r\n]+)?[#>](\([^)\r\n]+\))?} { send_user --
"$expect_out(buffer)"
} -re {^..."
invoked from within
"expect {
-re "\b+" { exp_continue }
-re "^\[^\n\r *]*$reprompt" { send_user --
"$expect_out(buffer)"
}
-re "^\[^\n\r]*$reprompt." { send..."
invoked from within
"if [ string match "*\;*" "$command" ] {
set commands [split $command \;]
set num_commands [llength $commands]
# the pager can not be turned off on ..."
(procedure "run_commands" line 34)
invoked from within
"run_commands $prompt $command"
("foreach" body line 144)
invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
set router [string tolower $router]
send_user "$router\n"
# Figure out prompt.
# Since autoena..."
(file "/home/rancid/bin/clogin" line 616)^M
erx_name: missed cmd(s): show configuration,show hardware,dir
erx_name: End of run not found
! srp redundancy: mode is high-availability, state active
=====================================
where should I check next?

Thanks
Yuval
Yuval Ben Ari
2007-11-28 17:03:21 UTC
for some reason I don't see that my message was posted, re-sending.

Yuval
Mark Loveley
2007-12-03 11:52:12 UTC
Post by Yuval Ben Ari
Trying to get all of the configs.
erx_name clogin error: Error: Connection closed (telnet): erx_name
erx_name: missed cmd(s): show environment all,show
configuration,show redundancy,show version,show hardware,show boot,dir
erx_name: End of run not found
Hi Yuval

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2007-October/
002491.html
details the changes I had to make to get the jerancid working on
version 7 and later junose code.

This happened as the format of show env changed between code releases.

HTH
+ ------------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ----------------+
Yuval Ben Ari
2007-12-09 17:14:03 UTC
Thanks, after applying your patch it started to work.
I have now some false diffs problem that I saw some other posting about and
I will need to check.

Yuval