[rancid] rancid source
Jason Biel
2016-01-27 12:26:28 UTC
Is the RANCiD source being maintained on githug or are there any plans to
migrate to github? It would certainly make it easier to submit patches and
discuss issues.
Jason
Roman Hochuli
2016-01-27 16:30:41 UTC
Have a look here: https://github.com/dotwaffle/rancid-git
--
Best regards,
Roman Hochuli

nexellent ag
Saegereistrasse 33
CH-8152 Glattbrugg

Phone: +41 44 872 20 00
Fax: +41 44 872 20 01

Imagination is the one weapon in the war
against reality.
-- Jules de Gaultier
Jason Biel
2016-01-27 16:37:03 UTC
That is the git repo for when ability to use git was being supported
independently.

I don't believe that is current source from which Heasley is working.
Post by Roman Hochuli
Hello Jason
Post by Jason Biel
Is the RANCiD source being maintained on githug or are there any plans
to migrate to github? It would certainly make it easier to submit
patches and discuss issues.
Have a look here: https://github.com/dotwaffle/rancid-git
--
Best regards,
Roman Hochuli
Operations Manager
nexellent ag
Saegereistrasse 33
CH-8152 Glattbrugg
Phone: +41 44 872 20 00
Fax: +41 44 872 20 01
I was looking at it this morning, and it seems to be a fork of RANCID
2.x (no rancid.types.conf, just rancid-fe) with git support added and a
few extra device types.

I agree that it would be useful to have a github/bitbucket/whatever repo
for rancid though, for issues, tracking changes and pull requests...
Post by Jason Biel
That is the git repo for when ability to use git was being supported
independently.
I don't believe that is current source from which Heasley is working.
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Roman Hochuli
Robert Drake
2016-01-27 16:47:12 UTC
Post by Jason Biel
That is the git repo for when ability to use git was being supported
independently.
I don't believe that is current source from which Heasley is working.
It isn't, but it has a branch called "upstream" which has 3.2 sources.
The only official way to contribute is to send the patches via email.
There isn't an official issues or pull request thing as far as I know.
Jason Biel
2016-01-27 19:26:41 UTC
Those 3.2 sources are manual imports from the tar.gz's pulled from the
website as they get released.

I was merely suggesting moving the actual source to github because it would
make it significantly easier on them to deal with patches/additions via
PR's than contributors emailing in code changes.
Post by Jason Biel
That is the git repo for when ability to use git was being supported
independently.
I don't believe that is current source from which Heasley is working.
It isn't, but it has a branch called "upstream" which has 3.2 sources.
The only official way to contribute is to send the patches via email.
There isn't an official issues or pull request thing as far as I know.
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Roman Hochuli <
Jason
Matthew Walster
2016-02-06 02:20:53 UTC
Post by Roman Hochuli
Hello Jason
Post by Jason Biel
Is the RANCiD source being maintained on githug or are there any plans
to migrate to github? It would certainly make it easier to submit
patches and discuss issues.
Have a look here: https://github.com/dotwaffle/rancid-git
​So, I've been the maintainer for that fork for a while now. A combination
of a gross lack of free time, git being implemented (in a different way)
upstream, and it being well over a year out of date has meant that this
repo is basically dead now. I merge stuff when asked, but I ought to stop
that.

Within the next few weeks, I'll probably either delete the
dotwaffle/rancid-git repo or add a commit that deletes everything and
leaves a README of where to get the latest code -- if someone else wants to
take it over, feel free. I imagine Mr. Heasley would rather you use his
releases, however ;)

​