[rancid] Device support error - Huawei
Eric Magutu
2017-09-07 01:11:33 UTC

I am trying to configure backups for my Huawei devices and getting the
following error

exec(hurancid) failed router manufacturer huawei: No such file or directory
exec(hurancid) failed router manufacturer huawei: No such file or directory
=====================================

Version as below

rancid
rancid 3.6.2

expect
expect version 5.45

OS
DISTRIB_ID=UbuntuDISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"

I followed the below instructions

http://jira.observium.org/browse/OBSERVIUM-2020

Any pointers on how I can get this to work would be appreciated.
--
Regards,
Eric Magutu
Eichhorn, Thomas
2017-09-07 06:49:51 UTC
Hi Eric,
Post by Eric Magutu
exec(hurancid) failed router manufacturer huawei: No such file or directory
exec(hurancid) failed router manufacturer huawei: No such file or directory
It seems that there is no ‘hurancid’ file in your RANCIDBASE/bin directory. Can you confirm that?
I think you have to ‘configure’, ’make’ and ’make install’ to create the ‘hurancid’ file after you place these files in your ‘
/rancid/bin’ directory.
Please try this in a testing environment first.

I’ve never worked with rancid and Huawei products so I don’t know for sure if I can help you but I found a (maybe) helpful link:
http://www.inet9.net/rancid-for-hp-h3c-huawei-switches/

Best regards,
Thomas
________________________________

Klinikum NÃŒrnberg, Sitz: NÃŒrnberg, Amtsgericht NÃŒrnberg -Registergericht- HRA 14190, Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Jockwig (Vorsitzender), Dr. Andreas Becke, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. Günter Niklewski, Peter Schuh
Jethro R Binks
2017-09-07 08:18:58 UTC
Post by Eichhorn, Thomas
Hi Eric,
Post by Eichhorn, Thomas
http://www.inet9.net/rancid-for-hp-h3c-huawei-switches/
Best regards,
Thomas
Can't tell you if they've been subsequently modified, but the h3clogin and
h3crancid were originally written by me, based on some earlier work of
others, and published here:

https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/h3c

I then had to make a lot of changes, and modified for rancid 3, producing:

https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/cmwrancid

The versions I run locally are advanced from these, but I've no idea of
whether they are in a state to be published - I have practically zero
development time these days. But if I do, I will mention here.

I only have access to 3Com/HP Comware 3 devices, HP/H3C Comware 5 and
HP(E) Comware 7 devices. I have no Huawei, but a few people who have
tried some models and reported some success, or fed back further changes.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.