[rancid] limiting diff email's content
Jayendra Luintel
2007-03-16 16:19:28 UTC
Currently I am running rancid-2.3.1_1 on freebsd 6.1. It is great tools and
I am loving it. With current setup rancid tells what configuration changes
have been made over the emails.

Would it be possible to limit rancid's email to just tell me where the
configuration changes has occured. I do not want to know the details of
changes in email. Just want to know where the changes have occured will
suffice for my purpose.

I noticed there is some patch written about it here:
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2005-April/000975.html
But I am having difficulty using this patch.

Basically I want to make rancid less smart so that I do not get details of
change over email. I just want to get in what routers/switches changes have
occured.

Any direction or help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jayendra
Yuval Ben-Ari
2007-03-24 23:22:23 UTC
it sounds to me that you don't really need rancid for that
how about simply monitoring logs for %SYS-5-CONFIG_I event and send an
alert ? can be done in various ways ...

________________________________

Jayendra
john heasley
2007-05-31 06:27:41 UTC
Post by Jayendra Luintel
Currently I am running rancid-2.3.1_1 on freebsd 6.1. It is great tools and
I am loving it. With current setup rancid tells what configuration changes
have been made over the emails.
Would it be possible to limit rancid's email to just tell me where the
configuration changes has occured. I do not want to know the details of
changes in email. Just want to know where the changes have occured will
suffice for my purpose.
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2005-April/000975.html
But I am having difficulty using this patch.
I suggest that you use procmail, grep, and formail to collect, filter for
the file names, and re-mail it to yourself.