[rancid] Packing rancid for Fedora
Gary T. Giesen
2009-07-16 20:05:42 UTC
I'm in the process of packaging rancid for fedora, and there's concern
about namespace conflict for the more generically-named binaries
(alogin, clogin, etc) and their associated man pages. I've seen asked
to inquire if there's any possibility of renaming those.

Thoughts?

GG
john heasley
2009-07-17 19:08:27 UTC
Post by Gary T. Giesen
I'm in the process of packaging rancid for fedora, and there's concern
about namespace conflict for the more generically-named binaries
(alogin, clogin, etc) and their associated man pages. I've seen asked
to inquire if there's any possibility of renaming those.
Thoughts?
We don't feel this is an issue; a conscientious effort has been made to
avoid conflicts like afslogin, rlogin, etc.
Ryan Harden
2009-07-21 20:00:18 UTC
I needed a way to add a custom commit remark instead of the stock hard
coded version. I made a few tweaks to the rancid-run and control_rancid
scripts to make this work for me. I thought some of you might like this
as well.

The only shortcoming of this is that the remark is limited to a single
'word' with no whitespace. As in "Thisismyremark" not "This is my remark".

This is probably easily fixed I just didn't bother as it wasn't needed
for my application.

Diffs attached.

Of course all normal disclaimers apply. I can't be held responsible if
my diffs break your routers and switches. :)

/Ryan
--
Ryan M. Harden, BS, KC9IHX Office: 217-265-5192
CITES - Network Engineering Cell: 630-363-0365

University of Illinois - Urbana/Champaign
University of Illinois - ICCN