[rancid] Error in configure
Mathiruban
2009-08-19 04:36:19 UTC
Dear Team,

When I prepare the Rancid package for compiling with the configure command on Fedora10.
# ./configure --prfix=/usr/local/rancid/
I am getting this error message. configure:error:no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH.

Pls help me.

Thx & Rgds,

R. Mathiruban
Assistant Engineer,
Network Management Centre / Internet
Sri Lanka Telecom.

T : +94112543085 / 86
F : +94112391324
E : ***@sltnet.lk
Sean Rolinson
2009-08-19 06:15:14 UTC
Mathiruban,

It appears you don't have a C compiler installed. If you have internet access from the server, try "yum install gcc" as root. This will install the GCC C Compiler.

Then re-try the configure script.

Regards,

Sean

________________________________

E : ***@sltnet.lk<mailto:***@sltnet.lk>
Mathiruban
2009-08-19 11:57:55 UTC
Hi Sean,

Again I have a problem when create the /usr/local/var/networking directory and its associated database and network device list files.

[***@rancid ~]$ /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-cvs
/usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-cvs: line 98: cvs: command not found

Pls advise me.

2009-08-19 17:14:12 UTC
“yum install cvs”

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch1_:_Network_Backups_With_Rancid I would start here and if you’re still having problems getting it installed, try back then.

-ryan

E : ***@sltnet.lk<mailto:***@sltnet.lk>
Mahaffey, Brian
2009-08-19 17:08:41 UTC
You are missing dependencies on your installation. CVS

You should try this website to get Rancid installed and the dependencies checked.

http://www.siliconhotrod.com/?q=node/2

Be aware that this is only for Rancid and does not cover CVSWEB, SVN, or SSH.

Here is another guide to install Rancid manually.