[rancid] rancid not writing configurations to /config/ file
Bertrand Kurtzemann
2014-02-26 16:33:59 UTC
Hello,

I installed some "5800AF-48G" and "5500-48G EI" Switches and I need to save the config in Rancid.

Can you tell me where can I download the h3clogin and h3crancid files ??

Thanks a lot !!

Cordialement,
Kind regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
[Description : 2012-STEF-signature]

Bertrand Kurtzemann
Service Informatique - Responsable EDI
STEF Transport Direction Régionale EST
108, rte de JOUY
57160 Moulins-Lès-Metz
+33 3 87 56 52 23
(fax +33 3.87.169.630)
+33 6 20 73 58 82
***@stef.com<mailto:***@stef.com>
ü Avant d'imprimer ce mail, pensez à l'environnement !

AVIS : Ce message (y compris toutes pi&egrave;ces jointes) peut
contenir des informations priv&eacute;es, conafidentielles et est
pour l'usage du(es) seul(s) destinataire(s). Si vous avez
re&ccedil;u ce message par erreur, merci d&prime;en avertir
l&prime;exp&eacute;diteur par retour d&prime;email immediatement et
de proc&eacute;der &agrave; la destruction de l&prime;ensemble des
&eacute;l&eacute;ments re&ccedil;us, dont vous ne devez garder
aucune copie. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message
ou des renseignements qu&prime;il contient par une personne autre
que le(les) destinataire(s) d&eacute;sign&eacute;(s) est interdite.
STEF ne garantit pas l&prime;int&eacute;grit&eacute; de cette
transmission et ne saurait etre tenu responsable du message, de son
contenu, de toute modification ou falsification, d&eacute;une
interception ou de d&eacute;gats &agrave; votre syst&egrave;me.

NOTICE : This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
information that is private, confidential or legally privileged
information or material and is intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s). If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete
it from your system without copying it and immediately notify the
sender(s) by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of
this message is strictly prohibited. STEF does not guarantee the
integrity of this transmission and may therefore never be liable if
the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception
or damage to your system.
C. Handel
2014-02-27 15:34:16 UTC
Post by Bertrand Kurtzemann
Hello,
I installed some "5800AF-48G" and "5500-48G EI" Switches and I need to
save the config in Rancid.
Can you tell me where can I download the h3clogin and h3crancid files ??
https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/h3c

Greetings
Christoph
Jethro R Binks
2014-02-28 08:43:32 UTC
Post by C. Handel
Post by Bertrand Kurtzemann
I installed some "5800AF-48G" and "5500-48G EI" Switches and I need to
save the config in Rancid.
Can you tell me where can I download the h3clogin and h3crancid files ??
https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/h3c
Thanks Christoph,

I've attached later versions that will handle Comware 7 better. I'd sent
these to a few correspondents for testing and feedback, although I don't
think I got much back. But, they are working well for me so am likely to
upload them anyway.

Jethro.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.
N K Krishnan
2014-04-28 00:30:17 UTC
thanks. with path changes for expect and perl, these seen to work with a
rancid-3.0 setup. works on the following so far:

5900AF-48XG-4QSFP+ JC772A
A5120-48G EI JE067A
A5120-48G EI JE069A
A5820X-24XG-SFP+ JC102A
A5830AF-96G JC694A
HP 125xx
S5120-48P-EI
S5120-52C-EI
S5800-56C
S5800-60C-PWR
S5820X-28S

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:43 AM, Jethro R Binks
Post by Jethro R Binks
Post by Bertrand Kurtzemann
I installed some "5800AF-48G" and "5500-48G EI" Switches and I need to
save the config in Rancid.
Can you tell me where can I download the h3clogin and h3crancid files
??
Bertrand Kurtzemann
2014-03-25 16:00:26 UTC
Post by Bertrand Kurtzemann
Hello,

I installed some “5800AF-48G” and “5500-48G EI” Switches and I need to
save the config in Rancid.
Post by Bertrand Kurtzemann

Can you tell me where can I download the h3clogin and h3crancid files ??

Thanks a lot !!

Cordialement,
Kind regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Bertrand Kurtzemann
Service Informatique - Responsable EDI
STEF Transport Direction Régionale EST
108, rte de JOUY
57160 Moulins-Lès-Metz
+33 3 87 56 52 23
(fax +33 3.87.169.630)
+33 6 20 73 58 82bertrand.kurtzemann <at> stef.com
Avant d'imprimer ce mail, pensez à l'environnement !

Hello,

Well, I corrected my problems.
- Just review my parametres in .cloginrc
- modify the directory in the first lines of h3clogin
- modify the name of the peral program in the first line of h3crancid

It run well

Thanks a lot !!

Bertrand Kurtzemann