[rancid] Run Rancid and with output to terminal
Sam Barnard
2008-04-17 20:54:14 UTC
Is there a way to run rancid-run with output to the terminal?

I am not getting any output or error messages to the logs other than:

starting: Thu Apr 17 16:38:31 EDT 2008

ending: Thu Apr 17 16:38:31 EDT 2008

I can manually run clogin to each device:

[***@ashp-mon03 ~]$ bin/clogin BRRTR02
brrtr02
spawn telnet brrtr02
Trying <ADDRESS>...
telnet: connect to address <ADDRESS>: Connection refused
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid brrtr02
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS PROHIBITED. DISCONNECT NOW ! ***@brrtr02's
password:
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS PROHIBITED. DISCONNECT NOW!
BRRTR02#

rancid run doesnt seem to do anything tough. Routers.db looks like
this:

BRRTR01:cisco:up
BRRTR02:cisco:up
6509a:cisco:up
6509b:cisco:up

But mainly I want to see where it is choking, so is there a way to run
rancid-run with output to the terminal?

Thanks,

Sam Barnard
Systems Engineer
Govolution, LLC
***@govolution.com
703/894 - 5000 x 5703
Gareth Hopkins

Gareth Hopkins
2008-04-18 13:19:18 UTC

Just rancid -d routername. jrancid should be the same syntax.
Gabba,
Should it be rancid -d routername , or rancid-run -d routername ? I
have tried rancid-run -d routername, and it says the -d flag is an unknown
option. I also tried jrancid -d routername, and it still doesn't put
anything to the terminal.
Thanks
Scott
Hi,