[rancid] CatOS (UNCLASSIFIED)
Roeun, Don T Mr CTR USA HRC
2009-07-24 17:30:08 UTC
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Is there a way to backup non-default configurations only on CatOS
switches?

I think what's happening is that when users connect & disconnect ports,
it changes a few variable metrics such as STP cost & prints them in
"show running-config all" or "write term all". This causes cvsweb to
see it as a change. I would like it to diff "show running-config" or
just "write term" instead. Are there any changes that I can make?

Thanks!

Don

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE
Michael Stefaniuc
2009-08-24 12:11:05 UTC
Hello Don,
Classification: _* UNCLASSIFIED*_**
Caveats: NONE
Is there a way to backup non-default configurations only on CatOS switches?
I think what’s happening is that when users connect & disconnect ports,
it changes a few variable metrics such as STP cost & prints them in
“show running-config all” or “write term all”. This causes cvsweb to
see it as a change. I would like it to diff “show running-config” or
just “write term” instead. Are there any changes that I can make?
not sure if somebody replied to you but attached is a patch that deals
with the problem differently. It kills the spantree portcost lines from
the CatOS config.

bye
michael
--
Michael Stefaniuc Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Consulting Communications Engineer Fax.: +49-711-96437-111