[rancid] Rancid 2.3.1 shows diff versions even when nothing has changed....hmm
Travis Zadikem
2009-03-04 16:33:19 UTC
I am running rancid 2.3.1 (new install) and if I do a rancid-run it works
just fine, but if I run the same command a second time on it will show a
version different on some of the switches even though no change has been
done on the switch. For this to be truly effective I was wondering what the
fix is. Here is a sample of what it shows. It looks the problem is some
sort of wrapping issue. Any ideas? Thanks!
john heasley
2009-03-04 22:57:12 UTC
Post by Travis Zadikem
I am running rancid 2.3.1 (new install) and if I do a rancid-run it works
just fine, but if I run the same command a second time on it will show a
version different on some of the switches even though no change has been
done on the switch. For this to be truly effective I was wondering what the
fix is. Here is a sample of what it shows. It looks the problem is some
sort of wrapping issue. Any ideas? Thanks!
Please try the attached clogin patch. One or two folks said that a version
of this fixes this problem for them.

If folks would confirm that it doesn't break SAN/PIX/ASA, catalysts, Cisco
Nexus, Redback and Juniper ERX...I'd feel far more comfortable with comitting
it.
john heasley
2009-03-04 23:22:57 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by Travis Zadikem
I am running rancid 2.3.1 (new install) and if I do a rancid-run it works
just fine, but if I run the same command a second time on it will show a
version different on some of the switches even though no change has been
done on the switch. For this to be truly effective I was wondering what the
fix is. Here is a sample of what it shows. It looks the problem is some
sort of wrapping issue. Any ideas? Thanks!
Please try the attached clogin patch. One or two folks said that a version
of this fixes this problem for them.
If folks would confirm that it doesn't break SAN/PIX/ASA, catalysts, Cisco
Nexus, Redback and Juniper ERX...I'd feel far more comfortable with comitting
it.
Once again, this time with the attachment.