[rancid] Brocade VDX
Andrew Meyer
2018-02-06 20:14:35 UTC
I have 4 Brocade VDX 6740 switches that I am trying to add to RANCiD. Has anyone gotten these to work? I'm trying to write documentation so I can repeat this in the future.

This is what I have found so far. But I'm running this on FreeBSD 11.1. I'm ok if I need to patch it. Just loooking for the right way to add this to the system or patch it.

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2017-April/009534.html

https://community.brocade.com/t5/Ethernet-Fabric-VDX-CNA/Automatic-backup-for-brocade-VDX-Switches/td-p/84924
https://webclient.obs.j0ke.net/package/view_file/server:monitoring/rancid-stable/rancid.types.conf

https://www.forwardingplane.net/2012/11/vdxrancid-contrib-scripts/

http://www.dmcservicescorp.com/?p=2064

https://tobru.ch/backup-brocade-router-config-with-rancid/
heasley
2018-02-23 02:34:30 UTC
Post by Andrew Meyer
I have 4 Brocade VDX 6740 switches that I am trying to add to RANCiD. Has anyone gotten these to work? I'm trying to write documentation so I can repeat this in the future.
This is what I have found so far. But I'm running this on FreeBSD 11.1. I'm ok if I need to patch it. Just loooking for the right way to add this to the system or patch it.
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2017-April/009534.html
https://community.brocade.com/t5/Ethernet-Fabric-VDX-CNA/Automatic-backup-for-brocade-VDX-Switches/td-p/84924
https://webclient.obs.j0ke.net/package/view_file/server:monitoring/rancid-stable/rancid.types.conf
https://www.forwardingplane.net/2012/11/vdxrancid-contrib-scripts/
http://www.dmcservicescorp.com/?p=2064
you havent told us what version of rancid. are you trying to add some
other script because type foundry doesnt work for the device? this
page is accurate and/or see section 4 of the rancid FAQ
Doug Hughes
2018-02-23 02:44:47 UTC
I have VDX switches working.

I use brcdvcs type

2 6940 and 2 6740 in a stack

rancid.types.conf:

# Brocade VCS 10g/40g
brcdvcs;script;rancid -t brcdvcs
brcdvcs;login;a10login
brcdvcs;module;brocade
brcdvcs;inloop;brocade::inloop
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowVersion;show version all-partitions
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowLicense;show license
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowRasLicense;show logging raslog rbridge-id 11
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowRasLicense;show logging raslog rbridge-id 12
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowVcs;show vcs detail
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowVlan;show vlan brief
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowSnapshots;show config snapshot rbridge-id 1
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowFabric;show virtual-fabric status
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowFabric;show fabric all
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowSupport;show support
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowMonitor;show system monitor
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowConfig;show running-config

(you'll want to change your rbridge-ids appropriately)
Post by Andrew Meyer
https://tobru.ch/backup-brocade-router-config-with-rancid/
Doug Hughes
Keystone NAP
Fairless Hills, PA
1.844.KEYBLOCK (539.2562)
heasley
2018-02-23 18:14:31 UTC
Post by Doug Hughes
I have VDX switches working.
I use brcdvcs type
2 6940 and 2 6740 in a stack
[...]
It'd be great if others who use this would confirm that it works properly
and reliably.
Ross [Eve IT]
2018-03-05 23:25:10 UTC
I also use brcdvcs and it works fine.