[rancid] Device name change and group change
Justin Shore
2008-02-14 18:54:44 UTC
Is there an easy way to change a device's name and move it to a new
group in CVS? I define RANCID groups by POP. I just moved a router
from one POP to another and am also changing its name. I'd like to not
lose all of the old CVS history if I could help it. Suggestions?

Thanks
Justin
john heasley
2008-02-14 19:01:44 UTC
cd ~rancid (or /var/rancid or wherever your repository resides)
mv CVS/group/configs/name,v CVS/newgroup/configs/newname,v
(cd group; cvs update)
(cd newgroup; cvs update)
edit the router.db files
Lance Vermilion
Lance Vermilion
2008-02-14 19:21:52 UTC
Maybe adding it to the FAQ will help other with the same
need....assuming it isn't already there.

-Lance
Post by Lance Vermilion
This info in priceless.