[rancid] Rancid Debian packages?
chiel
2007-06-19 15:25:11 UTC
Hello,

I would like to try out Rancid (for cisco divices). But I only can find a source install and the debian website says Rancid is a "non-free" package.
Is there any way to install it from a .deb file? I just want to do a quick install without going to compile all the packages.

chiel
Dominik Bay
2007-06-19 15:31:40 UTC
Post by chiel
Hello,
I would like to try out Rancid (for cisco divices). But I only can find a
source install and the debian website says Rancid is a "non-free" package.
Is there any way to install it from a .deb file? I just want to do a quick
install without going to compile all the packages.
Just install the non-free Package. Where is the Problem?

Regards,
Dominik
john heasley
2007-06-19 17:42:25 UTC
Post by chiel
Hello,
I would like to try out Rancid (for cisco divices). But I only can find a source install and the debian website says Rancid is a "non-free" package.
Who is charging for RANCID? That violates the license.
Austin Schutz
2007-06-19 17:50:09 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by chiel
Hello,
I would like to try out Rancid (for cisco divices). But I only can find a source install and the debian website says Rancid is a "non-free" package.
Who is charging for RANCID? That violates the license.
free like free vs. enslaved. They don't like the license for
whatever reason. *shrug*
5 seconds of google searching for 'rancid binary debian package'
returned locations for where to download x86 packages as the third item. Not
sure what you tried.

Austin
Todd Heide
2007-06-19 18:19:22 UTC
I am wondering if it may have read non-fee, and was just misread.

Nothing ever goes as planned, Its a hell of a notion,
Even pharaohs turn to sand, Like a drop in the ocean

chiel
2007-06-19 19:00:01 UTC
See,
http://packages.debian.org/stable/net/rancid-core

But I already installed it now by editing the source list.
thanks all.