[rancid] backup problems with new element type
Tim Eberhard
2013-05-01 16:24:49 UTC
Rancid folks,

I've hit a wall and I was hoping you all might be able to provide some
insight.

In an attempt to get some palo alto firewalls added to rancid for config
backup I'm having issues with rancid properly logging in.
Hughes, Doug
2013-05-01 19:13:07 UTC
Hrm.. that is odd. I'd turn on debugging with panlogin and see what it's actually trying to send. It sure does seem like it's either a bad password or a failure to match the password prompt in some way.

2013-05-01 20:11:50 UTC
I think I figured it out. The user account had a .cloginrc file in the home
directory. I also found a .cloginrc file within the rancid directory. Looks
like it was using the .clogin file in the rancid directory. I hadn't known
about that and I had been making my changes to the .clogin in the home
directory of the user.

Interesting behavior I didn't see documented anywhere.

Thanks for your help!
-Tim

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Hughes, Doug <
Hrm.. that is odd. I’d turn on debugging with panlogin and see what it’s
actually trying to send. It sure does seem like it’s either a bad password
or a failure to match the password prompt in some way.****
** **
** **
** **
heasley
2013-05-02 05:55:25 UTC
Post by Tim Eberhard
I think I figured it out. The user account had a .cloginrc file in the home
directory. I also found a .cloginrc file within the rancid directory. Looks
like it was using the .clogin file in the rancid directory. I hadn't known
about that and I had been making my changes to the .clogin in the home
directory of the user.
Interesting behavior I didn't see documented anywhere.
there is no such default behavior. a cloginrc can include another, or
an environment variable can be set to another path, but it does not read
multiple nor other that of users' by default.