[rancid] Upload configs by webinterface?
Paul Buts
2009-04-15 13:36:18 UTC
Hi all,

My situation:
Unix Debian, RANCID, CVSweb, Cisco devices and Apache2.

Is it possible to implement an upload script in the CVSweb page to upload
Cisco configs to routers? If there are wrong changes, I want to restore them
by web interface. Something like a restore button. Do you guys know if thats
possible?

I can make something with Shell, Expect and a TFTP server. My biggest
problem is only how to implement it in the CVS webpage.

Any hints or keywords would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
Paul
john heasley
2009-04-15 18:25:38 UTC
Post by Paul Buts
Hi all,
Unix Debian, RANCID, CVSweb, Cisco devices and Apache2.
Is it possible to implement an upload script in the CVSweb page to upload
Cisco configs to routers? If there are wrong changes, I want to restore them
by web interface. Something like a restore button. Do you guys know if thats
possible?
difficult, unless you run ION; or
copy file startup
reload

given the way the parser works.
john heasley
2009-04-16 00:03:22 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by Paul Buts
Hi all,
Unix Debian, RANCID, CVSweb, Cisco devices and Apache2.
Is it possible to implement an upload script in the CVSweb page to upload
Cisco configs to routers? If there are wrong changes, I want to restore them
by web interface. Something like a restore button. Do you guys know if thats
possible?
difficult, unless you run ION; or
Sorry, I meant IOX, which IIRC has the juniper-like configuration merging
features.