[rancid] cloginrc.sample noenable example
Lee
2010-08-14 13:47:43 UTC
Shouldn't the example for noenable in cloginrc.sample be changed from
# add noenable <router name glob>
# add noenable <router name glob> 1
or maybe
# add noenable <router name glob> <1/0>
like the example for autoenable?

Thanks,
Lee
john heasley
2010-08-18 20:09:21 UTC
Post by Lee
Shouldn't the example for noenable in cloginrc.sample be changed from
# add noenable <router name glob>
# add noenable <router name glob> 1
or maybe
# add noenable <router name glob> <1/0>
like the example for autoenable?
no, that directive does not work that way. the login scripts would need
to be changed to allow this.
Lee
2010-08-18 22:27:58 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by Lee
Shouldn't the example for noenable in cloginrc.sample be changed from
# add noenable <router name glob>
# add noenable <router name glob> 1
or maybe
# add noenable <router name glob> <1/0>
like the example for autoenable?
no, that directive does not work that way. the login scripts would need
to be changed to allow this.
What am I doing wrong then? With this in my .cloginrc
add noenable *
a 'clogin -c "sh ip eigrp int" ciscoRouter' goes into enable mode
before doing the show command. If I change it to
add noenable * 1
it doesn't get into enable mode before doing the command.

Thanks,
Lee
john heasley
2010-08-19 06:08:32 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by john heasley
Post by Lee
Shouldn't the example for noenable in cloginrc.sample be changed from
# add noenable <router name glob>
# add noenable <router name glob> 1
or maybe
# add noenable <router name glob> <1/0>
like the example for autoenable?
no, that directive does not work that way. the login scripts would need
to be changed to allow this.
What am I doing wrong then? With this in my .cloginrc
add noenable *
a 'clogin -c "sh ip eigrp int" ciscoRouter' goes into enable mode
before doing the show command. If I change it to
add noenable * 1
it doesn't get into enable mode before doing the command.
sorry, more specifically it does not work like autoenable; any value turns it
on.
john heasley
2010-08-19 06:55:49 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by Lee
Post by john heasley
Post by Lee
Shouldn't the example for noenable in cloginrc.sample be changed from
# add noenable <router name glob>
# add noenable <router name glob> 1
or maybe
# add noenable <router name glob> <1/0>
like the example for autoenable?
no, that directive does not work that way. the login scripts would need
to be changed to allow this.
What am I doing wrong then? With this in my .cloginrc
add noenable *
a 'clogin -c "sh ip eigrp int" ciscoRouter' goes into enable mode
before doing the show command. If I change it to
add noenable * 1
it doesn't get into enable mode before doing the command.
sorry, more specifically it does not work like autoenable; any value turns it
on.
sorry. looking at the code, it is inconsistent. in one place, any
value enables it, elsewhere only '1' is accepted. i blame Hank,
because its fun. i'll change it so that only '1' turns it on.
Hank Kilmer
2010-08-19 15:07:31 UTC
I like accepting blame. :-)
Lee
2010-08-19 18:38:37 UTC
Post by Hank Kilmer
Post by john heasley
sorry. looking at the code, it is inconsistent. in one place, any
value enables it, elsewhere only '1' is accepted. i blame Hank,
because its fun. i'll change it so that only '1' turns it on.
I like accepting blame. :-)
but will you accept responsibility for updating the comments in
cloginrc.sample ;-)

Lee
Hank Kilmer
2010-08-19 18:59:06 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by Hank Kilmer
Post by john heasley
sorry. looking at the code, it is inconsistent. in one place, any
value enables it, elsewhere only '1' is accepted. i blame Hank,
because its fun. i'll change it so that only '1' turns it on.
I like accepting blame. :-)
but will you accept responsibility for updating the comments in
cloginrc.sample ;-)
Blame and responsibility repel each other. I'll take all the blame but
then the responsibility gets shed elsewhere. This is also true of blame
and fault.

Besides, John got it updated in the code well before I even had my coffee.

-Hank