[rancid] Trying to take the Fortigate 300D config in backup.
S***@cpu.ca
2017-02-07 20:28:02 UTC

I am trying to take the config of a Fortigate 300D in backup.
After 67 lines, it stucks and it shows.
The version is #Version: FortiGate-300D v5.4.2,build1100,161101

"
--More-- set block-session-timer 30
--More-
"
Why ?

How can I fix it ?

Thanks you very much for your answer.

Sébastien
Merijn Evertse
2017-02-07 21:48:29 UTC
Hello,

I had the same issue with several Fortigate devices.
It is caused by using a read-only account. The right to disable the paging is not available then.
Try making the account super-admin one time to see if you have the same problem.

Kind regards,

Merijn Evertse

Op 7 feb. 2017 om 21:28 heeft "***@cpu.ca<mailto:***@cpu.ca>" <***@cpu.ca<mailto:***@cpu.ca>> het volgende geschreven:

Hi,

S?bastien
Matthew Goeres
2017-02-07 22:02:50 UTC
Alternatively, you can login as an admin and run this command. It will be
global and if you do a show the entire output rather than more will come
out, but it does fix Rancid and you can

config system console

set output standard

end

“

Sébastien
heasley
2017-02-11 17:15:11 UTC
Post by Merijn Evertse
Hello,
I had the same issue with several Fortigate devices.
It is caused by using a read-only account. The right to disable the paging is not available then.
Try making the account super-admin one time to see if you have the same problem.
what is the error when the disable paging command fails?
Post by Merijn Evertse
Kind regards,
Merijn Evertse
Hi,